Need a little color on a gloomy Monday? This 6 layer Rainbow cake will definitely bring some happiness into your day! Isn’t it so fun?
I made this cake for my daughter’s 2nd Birthday, she had a rainbow party. It was a huge hit!
Here’s What’cha Need:
- 2 boxes of white cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 container of vanilla yogurt
- 3 – 4 containers of vanilla / marshmallow icing
- food coloring
Here’s What’cha Do:
- Pre heat oven to 350″ and grease 8 or 9 inch round pans
- Combine cake mix, eggs, oil, water and yogurt together for about 2 minutes or until combined.
- Divide cake batter evenly into 6 bowls
- Add desired amount of food coloring into each bowl until you reach the color you like
- Bake each layer of cake for about 11-13 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Repeat until all colors are baked.
- Cool completely. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze. I kept mine in the freezer overnight.
- When you are ready to frost the cake, unwrap each layer, spread icing on the top and place another layer of cake on top, spread icing, and repeat until you have all your layers.
- Now is the time to get generous and spread that icing thick. Slop that sugar on all over the cake to completely cover any gaps in-between the layers of cake. The icing will help hold it all upright and secure the cakes in place so they won’t break when thawed.
And there you have it. Such a bright, fun and cute cake! I decorated mine with skittles. I had visions of a pom pom banner across the cake, but time was not on my side that day. Once you cut into the cake, all them”oohs and ahhs” will take over and no one is paying attention to the outside anyways!
The possibilities with this cake are endless! You could do it in pink ombre for Valentines Day or green for St. Patrick’s or red white and blue for 4th of July. So many ways to personalize it to your special occasion. And not only is it super cute, but I love the flavor that the vanilla yogurt adds while also making the cake super moist.
Send me some pics if you make it, I would love to see! Until next time, friends!