Happy Veterans Day! What a beautiful weekend it was to celebrate! Our weekend was filled with a playdate, a get together with great friends, and we ended it with a full day spent at the park soaking up the sunshine. The weather was gorgeous, we had a great time. I am wiped out, so before my eyes give out on me I wanted to share this recipe for Chicken Alfredo with you. Let the mouth watering begin.
Here’s What’cha Need:
- 1 box of fettuccine pasta (or whatever your preference of pasta is)
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups of cooked, cut up, chicken breasts
- 1 & 1/2 stick of butter (or 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Ground pepper & salt and more PEPPER, PEPPER, PEPPER
- Dash of milk or water
Here’s What’cha Do:
- Cook chicken – I boiled mine in salt, pepper, butter & Italian seasoning until done.
- Boil noodles – when the noodles are about 3/4 of the way done, then you will need to start on your sauce.
- In a saucepan melt the butter & add cream and salt and pepper (I add about 1 tsp of pepper)
- Stir together and slowly add 1/2 of the cheese
- Drain pasta and slowly add / coat pasta in sauce
- Add remaining cheese and stir together until completely coated.
- If the sauce is too thick for you, add some water or milk to sauce it up some. Depends how you like it.
- Now salt and pepper, pepper, pepper that mama-jamma up. The pepper really makes it pop, so be generous.
And now, here’s what you have been waiting for… take a bite…
This dish is the definition of the phrase “comfort food”. It is very rich and creamy… all the makings of perfection. And even low cal! OK, that’s a lie, in fact I think you may even gain a pound just by looking at the pictures. Just unbutton your top button and get over it, it’s worth it I promise.
Go ahead, indulge yourself and let me know what you think. I have a feeling that you are going to love it.
Thanks to all the veterans who have served our country, God Bless you all. Until next time, friends!