Wow this weekend flew by! We took a mini family vacation for 4 days to Williamsburg, VA and visited Busch Gardens and Water Country USA. It was a jam-packed weekend filled with roller coasters, water slides and lots of laughs. It was really nice to spend some time with the family with no other distractions or things to do. Overall everyone had a great time, but I am pretty sure we were all ready to come home and do our own thing. :)
Since I am super tired and still haven’t unpacked yet, I thought I’d share with you this Slow Cooker Reuben Panini recipe. This sandwich is perfect for a day when you really don’t wanna give much effort, but you want some yummy goodness to eat.
Here’s What’cha Need:
- 1 can of sauerkraut
- 1 package (2-3 pounds) corned beef brisket
- 1 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 12 pieces pumpernickel / rye bread
- 6 slices Swiss Cheese
Here’s What’cha Do:
- Place sauerkraut in slow cooker and place seasoned beef brisket on top of sauerkraut. (Usually the brisket will include a packet of spices to rub on)
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for about 6-8 hours.
- Heat Panini grill. Cut brisket into slices.
- Prep sandwiches: Spread about 1 tbsp of Thousand Island Dressing on each slice of bread, top with cheese, slices of corned beef and sauerkraut.
- Spray Panini Grill with non stick cooking spray. Grill sandwiches for about 4 minutes or until bread is toasted and cheese is melted to your liking.
The cheese, the sauce, the crunchy bread… I am not sure what my favorite part is. All I know is that this is good, goood, gooood!
Until Next time, Friends.