Hey, Hey! Hope you had a good weekend. Ours was good, hubby took us out to eat and shopping, had a night out with my girls and my parents came to visit. Besides some random craziness, it was a pretty good weekend. Today I am going to share with you an Apple Pie French Toast Bake. I made this last week to take into work for breakfast to celebrate my boss’s birthday. It sure was a sweet way to start the day! The pictures aren’t the best, I had to take them with my cell phone… oh well :)
1 can of apple pie filling
- 1 loaf of bread
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 8 oz block of cream cheese
- nuts, powdered sugar, maple syrup (optional)
Here’s What’cha Do:
- Grease baking dish (I used a 8×11 casserole pan)
- In a medium-sized bow mix eggs, milk, vanilla & cinnamon together
- Tear bread apart in quarters and place in large bowl
- Pour egg/milk mixture overtop of cubed bread and stir to coat all pieces of bread
- Put french toast into greased pan
- Cut cream cheese block into bite sized pieces and insert into the bread mixture. (I like to kinda push it down so it is inside the bread)
- Spoon apple pie filling (or whichever favor you choose) over top of the french toast
- Cover, and refrigerate over night
- Next morning, pre heat your oven to 375′ and bake for about 1 hour.
I prefer to make this the night before and then bake it in the morning. This gives the bread lots of time to suck up the milk and eggs. However, I have made this dish before and baked immediately and it tastes just as good. You may just need to adjust the baking time a bit.
This is soooo good. Serve with some maple syrup and you are in heaven!! I have made this recipe before using frozen and fresh strawberries, with blueberries and even with no fruit at all. And every time is amazing!
Hope you enjoy it! Until next time, friends!