There is no doubt that summer is on its way, and I am thrilled. It was another great weekend being outside and having a good time. How’s this heat treating you? Today I will be sharing with you a sweet way to beat the heat with this Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Cake recipe.
Here’s What’cha Need:
Devils Food cake box mix + ingredients needed to make cake (oil, eggs, water)
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Hot fudge topping
- Chocolate Fudge Magic Shell Hard Topping
- Cool whip
- Crushed Chocolate Mint Cookies ( I used the Keebler Grasshopper Cookies)
Here’s What’cha Do:
- Make cake according to instructions. Bake in tin foil lined jelly roll pan or a 17×11 bar pan per cake box instructions.
- Have a dish towel ready and dusted with powdered sugar. Take cake out of oven, let sit for 5 minutes, sprinkle powdered sugar over cake and flip over onto powdered dish towel.
- Roll up dish towel/cake into a jelly roll. Cool completely.
- Let ice cream sit out for about 10 minutes to soften. Unroll cake.
- Spread about 1 & 1/2 – 2 cups of ice cream over cake. Roll up ice cream cake into jelly roll (no dish towel this time ;) )
- Freeze for 1 hour.
- Spread hot fudge all over…like you are icing it with it. Yum! Now, frost the cake with your cool whip topping. I like to freeze the cool whip topping on the cake for another hour or so, but you don’t have to…
- Apply magic shell topping to ice cream cake
- Sprinkle mint cookie bits over cake
Last year I made another cake like this, but I used cookies and cream ice cream and sprinkles the top with Oreo cookies. You could basically do any variation of ice cream and cake that you wanted to. How good does this look? It is actually pretty simple to make, but looks like it is more trouble than it is! Actually it is trouble, just in another way… look at all that chocolate goodness…. my oh my.
This cake is so refreshing and sinful at the same time. Everyone was pretty impressed with it, but you know what the best part for me was? The fact that I was able to get all of the ingredients for the cake for less than $10. If I were to go to the ice cream store, I could pay almost $40 for a cake this size. Crazy.
Now you know how we like to beat the heat over in my neck of the woods! What are your favorite summer treats to help you cool down? Leave me a comment and let me know, or find me on Facebook! I’d love to hear from you!!
Hope you had a great weekend, stay cool!